Dr. Kingsley Uchenna Onyemere is a Consultant Endocrinologist and a Clinical Assistant Professor at the Department of Medicine University of Illinois. He obtained his MBBS from the College of Medicine University of Ibadan and an MPH from the school of Public Health University of Illinois Chicago.
His other Clinical /Academic Appointments includes:
- Medical Officer: St. Luke’s Hospital, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria, August 1989-September 1991.
- Senior Medical Officer: Ahmadiyya Mission Hospital, Lagos, Nigeria, October 1991-December 1996.
- House Physician: St Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, July 2003 – June 2004 Lecturer/Research Fellow: Division of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Hospitals, July 2006 to June 2007.
- Staff Endocrinologist: Carle Clinic Association, Urbana, IL. June2007to current.
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, June 2007 to current.
- Internal Medicine, November 2004
- Endocrinology, November 2006
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Loretta Pratt Lacey Award, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1999.
- Endocrine Fellows Foundation Award for the Clinical College Team – Fourth Annual Sherman M. Holvey Forum in Diabetes, San Antonio, Texas, January, 2006.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Society
Dr. Kingsley Uchenna Onyemere has written several abstracts, international journals and publications and has also delivered lectures in many fora. He is married with three Children.