- 9th April 2016
- Posted by: hafai
Mrs. Nwaka is a consultant dietitian with 15 years experience in the administration of Medical Nutrition Therapy. She has worked in several hospitals and medical facilities and is currently the Principal Dietitian at the National Hospital Abuja. She is a member of the Institute for Dietetics in Nigeria (IDN), and Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN).
Mrs. Nwaka has had extensive training and experience in the following areas:
- Strategies for improving Maternal and Child Nutrition in Nigeria
- Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment and Opportunities
- Nutrition & Dietetics in the Management of HIV/AIDS and other Communicable Diseases
- Nutrition Support for the Critically ill in Nigeria
- Breast Feeding, HIV and Infant feeding (UNICEF)
- HIV/AIDS Counseling (PMTCT UNICEF)
- Nutrition and Life Style Issues and Insights
- Food and Health in a Depressed Economy
- Formulation of Enteral Feeds for the Critically ill
She has also made several presentations on various diet-related conditions and the required lifestyle modifications towards healthy living, and is regularly involved with public and media enlightenment programmes on nutrition. In 2008, she was awarded Best Staff of her Department at the National Hospital Abuja.